Stanley P. Stephenson, Ph.D.|
Litigation Economics, LLC
2202 Northwest Shore Boulevard, #200
Tampa, FL 33607
800-479-2341 Fax: 941-487-8676
Web Site: www.litigationeconomics.com
Stanley P. Stephenson offers a wide range of economic consulting &
litigation support services involving economic value assessments. His
experience includes business valuations, economic & quantitative analysis,
& market assessments. Expert witness services are provided to defense
counsel & plaintiff attorneys.
Dr. Stephenson has experience in:
Specifically, he has:
- Economic damages assessment & expert testimony in complex tort &
- The economics of various industries including high-tech manufacturing,
software development, agricultural product processing, auto accessories,
hotel, real estate, eating & drinking places, pharmaceutical, chemical,
hospital, insurance, transportation, professional sports, retail, petroleum
& cosmetics; international agencies & federal government.
- Approximately 275 cases including products liability, breach of contract,
business valuation, construction defects, business disruption, intellectual
property, employment disputes, lost profits, medical malpractice, personal
injury, wrongful birth & wrongful death.
- Estimated damages in patent infringements in pharmaceutical, chemical &
pager manufacturing industries.
- Assessed lost profits & diminished business value in business disruption
cases due to fire, construction defects, contract breach, & franchise
- Evaluated the present value of future medical costs in tort cases such as
medical malpractice, products liability, premises liability & related
- Developed forecasting models of economic activity (demand, market &
industry analyses) to derive educational needs for Indonesia enabling $41m
Asia Development Bank loan.
- Provided insurance industry competitor & market analysis, information
technology, strategic planning, & economic assessment of key technologies.
- Created economic models to assess waste water management costs for major
processor of sugar beets. Analysis formed foundation of client’s
environmental accounting system.
- Estimated damages in misappropriation of trade secrets involving employees.
In one case, lists of customers & vendors were used to start a competitor
mail order firm. In another, employees gave integrated circuit design &
development plans to a competitor semiconductor firm who hired
From 1996 to 2003, Dr. Stephenson was Regional Commissioner, Bureau of Labor
Statistics, San Francisco Region. In this capacity, he led a large staff of
professional economists in collecting, analyzing & distributing economic
information on wages, employment & inflation in an eight state area.
From 1994-1995, Dr. Stephenson was Managing Director. Management & Strategy
Analysis. Inc. in New York City He directed professional staff on economic
consulting projects, developed strategic planning practice & provided
expert witness services to law clients.
Previously, from 1986 to 1993, Dr. Stephenson held several management
positions with Aetna Life & Casualty. Inc. including Assistant
Vice-President, Aetna International, Inc. His responsibilities included
strategic planning & business development, business performance measurement
& management support systems.
From 1984 to 1986, Dr. Stephenson taught MBA courses in economics, statistics & human
resource management as Associate Professor of Economics & Business
Administration at the University of Hartford.
From 1976 to 1984, Dr. Stephenson was at The Pennsylvania State University,
from 1982-1984 as Director, Center for Human Resource Research & Associate
Professor of Business Administration, & from 1976-1982 as Associate
Professor of Economics. In these positions, he directed economic studies &
taught courses in labor economics, managerial economics, statistics, &
human resource management.
- Ph.D. (Economics) 1973 - Indiana University
Major fields: Labor econometrics, Business economics & Planning.
- B.A. (Economics) 1965 - Ball State University
- Brookings Economic Policy Fellow, 1975 - 1976
- American Peace Corps Volunteer, India, 1965 - 1967
- Financial Management Association
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- National Association of Forensic Economists
- The Bar Association of San Francisco-Litigation Section
- "Damages Assessment in Personal Injury Cases" for various law firms.
- "The Value of a Housewife/Househusband: Non-market Work Valuation" for
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, 12th Annual
Conference, June 2, 2005, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Lost Profit as a Measure of Lost Earnings Capacity" for Western Economic
Association, National Association of Forensic Economists Conference, July 5,
2005, San Francisco, CA.
- Published over 39 articles, technical reports & book chapters. (Available on request)
- Lost Profits Damages to New Businesses: Adjusting for Survival" by David A.
Macpherson & Stanley P. Stephenson, Journal of Business Valuation &
Economic Loss Analysis, Volume 1, Issue 1, Article 2, 2006.
- "Determining the Value of Household Production as a Component of Economic
Damages" Valuation Strategies, May/June 2006, Vol 9, Number 5, pp. 10-17.
- "Designing & Implementing Environmental Accounting, in a Sugar Beet
Processing Company", with Joel Smith, in Pollution Prevention Review, Winter, 1999.
- "Effective Use of Economists as Expert Witnesses" in The Daily Recorder, May
- "Adding Strategic Thinking to Strategic Planning" in Executive Insight,
Spring, 1996, Vol. 2 Issue 1.
- "Computing Economic Loss in Faulty Auto Design Cases" with Dennis J. Dugan,
published in The Connecticut Law Tribune, February 7, 1994.
Please let the Experts know you found them @ Ca-Experts.Com